Vitalik Buterin, the creator and non-giver of Ether, has just sent out a series of tweets showing some kindness at the last hours of 2018. Perhaps in the spirit of renewal, the focus of the thread was aimed at sending love to those who are his nemesis… for the remaining 364 days of the year.
Buterin, who is getting more and more comfortable with tweetstorms lately, has decided to give praise to “groups I either consider outgroups or otherwise not normally praise”, following a Twitter year end tradition started by another user of the social network.
I'd like to follow @cryptochamomile's tradition and end the year with praise for groups I either consider outgroups or otherwise don't normally praise, both inside and outside the crypto space...— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018
Reactions from crypto Twitter have been most welcoming in so far towards the wholesome thread started by Buterin:
You're a lovable guy and it's because of openness like this.— Schalk (@SchalkDormehl) December 31, 2018
great thread— Richard Heart [BitcoinHEX] (@RichardHeartWin) December 31, 2018
Here are the most unexpected messages shared by the founder of Ethereum in order to compliment some of the people and projects he has been less in agreement with along the year that ends:
1. Many in the Bitcoin community legitimately care about non-cryptocurrency "freedom tech" that I think is very important and valuable and that much of the crypto space has a tendency to forget about, eg. open hardware: https://t.co/C3r0ceSJ43— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018
5. National fiat currencies have for the last few decades done a reasonably good job of being stable, and deserve credit for this. Monetary policy is complicated!— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018
6. The governments of the world have so far successfully maintained what is despite the noise a mostly peaceful and stable world order since 1945 that has facilitated over 1 billion people climbing out of extreme poverty and many more being born lucky to never enter it.— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018
7. The Trump administration... is now supporting a seemingly totally sensible and needed criminal justice reform bill: https://t.co/IoU1sKb6tQ— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018
12. Proof of work does a really good job of being simple and explainable to high school students.— Vitalik Non-giver of Ether (@VitalikButerin) December 31, 2018