EOS tops Chinese blockchain rankings again (despite claims it's not a blockchain)

06 Nov, 2018
by David Robb
News
EOS tops Chinese blockchain rankings again (despite claims it's not a blockchain)

The latest monthly blockchain rankings from Chinese research agency CCID (Chinese Center for Information Industry Development) have been released. EOS took the top spot once again, defying claims earlier in the week that the network isn't actually a blockchain at all.

Read more: Apparently, EOS isn't a blockchain...

As usual, the quality of its basic technology and its high level of creativity are what secured first place for EOS. The total score is weighted most heavily towards the basic technology metric by CCID, counting for 65 percent, with the other two scores together making up 35 percent. This month EOS also scored higher in applicability than it had done previously. 

Ethereum was in second place again this month, with the highest score for the applicability metric of any blockchain project included in the list. Decentralized exchange BitShares just edged ahead of more centralized trading platform Nebula, to come in third place again.

Despite having the highest score for creativity of any blockchain, Bitcoin was all the way down in 19th place, three places further down than it was last month.

Read more: Latest Chinese crypto rankings released, with EOS hanging on to the top spot

Follow Chepicap now on Twitter, Telegram and Facebook!

Poll

Will EOS live up to its potential?

(51 votes)

Add a comment

Check out the latest news

You will be logged out and redirected to the homepage